1932 – To reflect the growing importance of the Society’s workshops which provided employment for vision impaired people, the Society’s name was changed to Chester and District Blind Welfare Society. At the time 56 people were employed.
1955 – The Society enters new premises at 67 Liverpool Road, Chester.
1957 – In 1957-58, 24569 visits were made by the staff to blind persons in their homes.
1958 – The Right Honourable Viscount Leverhulme became the Society’s President.
1960 – Home Teachers, visiting many vision impaired people from their base in Liverpool Road, had their salaries met by local authorities.
1970 – Local Authority Social Services Departments began to directly administer a greater part of the support offered to vision impaired people. The Society concentrated on providing additional services such as sheltered employment, provision of equipment, talking books and holidays.
1986 – Viscount Lord Leverhulme opened a Vision Resource Centre at 67 Liverpool Road.
1990 – The Charity changed its name to Chester, Cheshire and Clwyd Society for the Blind to reflect its increasing geographical coverage.
1997 – The Charity changed its name to Cheshire and North East Wales Society for the Blind in line with local government reorganisation.