The next demonstration day hosted by Vision Support will be with VisionAid on Thursday 19th May from 10am till 3pm at the Bluecoat, Upper Northgate Street, CH1 4EE.
VisionAid stock items such as:
BlindShell Classic 2
• A simple to use mobile phone for low vision or blind users • Loud speaker
• Voices everything: menus, caller ID, texts etc. • Easy voice control / typing
• Large, clear, tactile buttons
• Smartphone features: WhatsApp, YouTube, e-mail etc.
EYE4 – Wearable Magnifier
• Breakthrough technology allows users to watch TV, see loved ones’ faces, cook, play cards etc.
• Hands-free magnification
• Ideal for those with macular degeneration, RP, nystagmus & others
• The lightest and most ‘glasses-like’ wearable magnifier available
• Peripheral vision remains usable
OrCam Read Smart
• Push a single button to have post, magazines, cooking instructions etc. read to you within seconds
• Point, press, read – anywhere!
• Weighs just 50g • Pocket-sized
• Rechargeable battery (3 hours)
• Natural, human sounding voices
Eye-D v2 Handheld Magnifier
• Replace all your magnifying glasses
• Vibrant, large 5 inch screen
• Magnify from 1.5x to 32x
• Large tactile controls & fold-out handle
• Replaceable, rechargeable battery
• Ideal for reading post, medication, cooking instructions, use-by-dates
Clover Book Plus
• The portability of a large handheld video magnifier with the reading comfort of a desktop solution
• Large 12.5” non-glossy touch screen
• Distance & self-viewing camera allows you to watch TV, see the garden, do hair & makeup etc.
• Read post, medication, newspapers, write letters, enjoy hobbies e.g. cards, sewing, models, crosswords etc.